Sunflower lovers will love to get lost in these new mazes at the Sunflower Festival 2018!
We’re sure you’ve seen photos of the gorgeous giant sunflowers in bloom from the North but not sure where or when is the best time to wander and find them, we’ve got you!
Go on a nice little road trip outside the Metro and head to Tayug Pangasinan and witness the opening of the Sunflower Festival on March 12.
For about two months each year, this place in Northern Luzon bursts into color – yellows and greens sprout up along the rich farms of the province.
Last year, the Allied Botanical Corporation (ABC) spearheaded the A-Maze-ing Sunflower demonstration in Barangay C. Lichauco, Tayug, Pangasinan.
The Open House in 2017, welcomed nearly 1,500 visitors on weekdays and some 5,000 on weekends from February to April.
Yesterday, March 06, ABC said it has closed its sunflower maze in its farm to focus on developing a wide array of improved vegetables as varieties of flowers and herb seed.
But fret not! This year, the local government of Tayug, in partnership with APP Construction and Supplies, built three other sunflower mazes in time for the Sunflower Festival which starts next week, March 12. The new sunflower maze can await you at Tayug Ecopark Sunflower Maze at Barangay C. Lichauco, Tayug, Pangasinan.
Here are some tips for you sunflower-hunting in Pangasinan, should you like to take some memories for the gram!
- Go at the right time of year.
- The new mazes will open from 7 am to 7 pm from Mar. 12 to May 31.
- You can always enjoy #ForTheGram but harming nature just to get the shot isn’t cool!
- Be safe, wear sunscreen or sunblock etc., but be careful with the flowers, like us they are living things too. You should be very careful and respectful of the places you visit – always!
- Be sure to bring your summer must-haves: water, umbrella, sunglasses, and fan for sun protection.
- Wear comfy shoes, bug spray, and sunscreen too! It gets hot fast out there!
How to get there:
- Hop on a bus going to Tayug, Pangasinan
- Alight Tayug at 7/11 Sta. Maria
- Ride a tricycle to the Tayug Ecopark Sunflower Maze.
Tick off a classic nature lover’s bucket list item and plan your four-hour drive from Manila to Pangasinan, in Northern Luzon. Stand alongside the vibrant vistas of Tayug’s sunflower fields. Let the sun and the flowers do their magic!
Do you want to go to this maze? Tag sunflower lovers in the comments below!